Additional Cover - Minor Damage Insurance
What is Minor Damage Insurance?
Minor Damage Insurance is designed to help keep your Mercedes-Benz in showroom condition. The insurance covers minor dents, chips, light scratches and scuffs, meaning you won’t need to claim on your motor insurance policy.
How Minor Damage Insurance works
In the unfortunate event your vehicle incurs minor damage, such as minor dents to body panels, light scratches or scuffs and chips; Mercedes-Benz Minor Damage Insurance will cover this damage, assisting you in maintaining the showroom appearance.
Minor damage insurance is available for Mercedes-Benz vehicles being used for private use and commuting. Vehicles being used for business (excluding Hire and Reward) are also covered, up to a total annual mileage of 20,000 miles.This cover includes:
This product will cover:
- Minor dents to body panels, light scratches or scuffs should not exceed 15cm in diameter.
- Chips should not exceed 1.5mm in diameter.
In the event of a claim, our Mercedes-Benz approved used repairer will contact you to arrange a convenient time and place to carry out the repairs.
If your vehicle has been financed with Mercedes-Benz Finance, Minor Damage Insurance may help prevent additional charges for minor damage when returning your vehicle at the end of your agreement.
Minor Damage Insurance features include:
- Policy terms available from 12, 24, 36 or 48 months which can complement the term of your finance agreement.
- A £250 contribution towards a Bodyshop repair, in the event that the damage is too severe for Minor Damage repair techniques.
- A total claims limit of £3,000 in repairs throughout the policy lifetime.
- Claims are registered by phone, so there is no paperwork to complete.
- Nationwide cover on all mobile repairs.
- The Mercedes-Benz UK paintwork warranty will not be invalidated by repairs.
- Repairs do not invalidate the Mercedes-Benz warranty.
- Repairs carried out at a convenient time and place for you.
- Cover for minor dents to body panels, light scratches or scuffs where the damage does not exceed 15cm in diameter, chips are covered up to 1.5mm in diameter.
Where can I purchase Mercedes-Benz Minor Damage Insurance?
The product can be purchased through participating Mercedes-Benz Retailers. For more information on eligibility and exclusions, please ask your finance expert.
To make a claim
To register a new claim, simply use the link below to access our Online Claims Registration App
If the claim is covered by the policy, the claim will be passed to the mobile repairer who will contact you directly to arrange an appointment.
Claim by phone
Alternatively you can contact us on 01279 456 507 to register your claim over the phone.
We are open 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9:00am - 12:00pm
If your claim is covered by the policy, it will be passed to a mobile repairer who will be in touch with you.
The insurance is accepted and underwritten by Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd which is managed on behalf of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited. Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd, 5/5 Crutchett’s Ramp, Gilbraltar, GX11 1AA is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Their FCA registration number is 456936.
AutoProtect (MBI) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No. 312143.